Salt Lake City - Salt Lake County|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
FJ Management, Inc. (“FJM”), formerly known as Flying J Inc., is a Utah-based private holding company that manages a diverse portfolio of assets. Operating businesses including Big West Oil, Maverik, and many passive and active investments in a diverse range of industries. FJM provides human resource, tax and legal services to its subsidiaries.
The mission of FJM is: “Building Value to Last” in a complementary portfolio of businesses and investments. While each business has a unique mission and culture, they share the following values: Integrity – having the right people doing the right things in the right way; Mutual Respect – treating one another with respect and encouraging all to speak and act for the good of the business; and Excellence – striving to do their best and continually seeking new and better solutions and ideas.
FJ Management is seeking a part-time attorney (three to four days a week) with two to six years experience to join its legal team. The ideal candidate will have some experience in areas of real estate, corporate formation and governance, securities, private equity and other investments, and employment law. Duties include preparing and examining real estate transactional documents, commercial contracts, leases, licenses, purchase and sale agreements, corporate formation and governance documents, preparing resolutions and forms, and assisting in real estate due diligence, including title review. The position also works directly with business managers, providing legal advice for various divisions and organizations, and participates in major legal actions. Responsible for foreseeing and protecting the company against legal risks.
Draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of documents including commercial and other general contracts, master service agreements, other vendor agreements, various real estate transactional documents, resolutions, by-laws, operating agreements and other corporate documents, purchase and sale agreements, and investment documents.
Handle day-to-day legal matters as assigned by General Counsel.
Work directly with all levels of management.
Expected to confer with supervising attorney on more complex matters.
Assists management with employment law concerns, contracts, claims, and creating company policies.
Creates business legal reports and correspondence, and effectively presents information to senior management.
Responds to inquiries from regulatory agencies, customers, and the business community.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Strong analytical skills and pro-active mindset.
2. Self-motivated/self-starter that has the ability to balance immediate and long-term priorities.
3. A team player that builds effective partnerships with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate detailed and complex information to others at all levels of the organization.
5. High level of attention to detail.
6. Exhibits a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
7. Must be a strategic thinker.
8. Must be competent in time management.
Education & Experience:
1. Law degree from an ABA-accredited law school with a license to practice law in at least one state.
2. Minimum of 2 to 6 years’ experience working as an attorney with experience in commercial contracts, corporate law and corporate formation and governance, real estate contracts and documents, securities, and employment.
3. Minimum of 2 years’ experience with contract negotiation.