To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Critical thinking—the individual thinks openmindedly, recognizing and assessing, as needs be, their assumptions, implications and practical consequences to each task given.
• Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office software including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates degree preferred
- 6 months or more of experience in an administrative and/or HR support role
- Ability to follow precise directions and learn complex processes and procedures
- Must be able to work in team environment and support other job duties